Friday, August 28, 2009

Starting Out

This is my first blog. I have always been a little slow when it comes to new technological gadgets (still no ipod) and blogging has been no different. I probably haven't even read your blog (jmo and mom aside), so if you are reading this, I appreciate your interest and understanding.

I decided to start a blog to chronicle my path, stories, and experiences in business school. What better way, I thought, of assuaging my impending sense of madness, then by publishing my thoughts on the world wide web?

My decision to attend business school has been met with surprise, disbelief, excitement, and anxiety by both myself and my community. Those who know me well know that this will be, at best a challenge, and at worst a nightmare. As a radical leaning, anti-capitalistic, queer feminist, I imagine that I will soon be in very foreign waters. I decided to apply to business school in an attempt to gain practical managerial and financial skills that seem to be desperately lacking in my beloved, Portland-based nonprofit community. The fact that I decided to pursue this route at no other than Portland's private Catholic University only adds to my sense of forthcoming alienation.

I intend to use this forum to chronicle my experiences in class discussions and lectures, lessons learned, conversations had, and general opinions of the world based on my increasing proximity to our nation's prestigious Private Sector. Please check in as often as you like and feel free to leave comments or start a discussion.

-Rebecca

3 comments:

  1. Great idea. A blog will keep you sane and remind you there is always a nice cozy progressive community to come back to when you need to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm flattered that i'm one of the blogs you choose to read! :) i think it's great that you are going to business school--the university, students, professors and such need you, your spirit, your drive, your rebeccaness in all its wonderfullness. go get'em girl. i look forward to being a part of the journey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the blog world! I will look forward to reading your posts.

    ReplyDelete